I've created a list of discussion questions for book clubs and classrooms. If you have any other thoughts about the book, I'd love to hear them. Email me with questions or ideas.
Download the discussion questions in a pdf document
- Corrine has a hard decision to make when Jaime asks her for help. If you were in her shoes, what would you have done? Why?
- A person's socio-economic class or race can be the source of discrimination against them. What kinds of discrimination have you seen or experienced in your life?
- What themes in the book resonate with you? Why or why not?
- Forgiveness can be hard. Should Corrine have forgiven Jamie? Why or why not? Is there someone in your life that needs your forgiveness?
- What stereotypes do you see in the characters in the book? Do you see any characters that don't fit neatly into their stereotypical categories? Which ones and why?
- How are Corrine and Jamie different? In what ways are they alike?
- Corrine has a map of the world with a pin on every place she wants to visit. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be, and why?
Visit my Pinterest page—Corrine's Bucket List. Email me if you'd like an invite to join the group and post on the page.
Return to Hush Puppy page